SP1 error code 0x800B0100

I recently try installing new Explorer 9 but needed to install SP1 then SP2 then Explorer 9.   Window Vista SP1 but keep getting "error code 0x800B0100".  I install Readiness Tool update.  No success.  Checked updates found SP2 installation and uninstall.  Still keep getting same error code 0x800B0100.  What can I do to correct problem?

Question Info

Last updated July 24, 2018 Views 1,191 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
I recently try installing new Explorer 9 but needed to install SP1 then SP2 then Explorer 9.   Window Vista SP1 but keep getting "error code 0x800B0100".  I install Readiness Tool update.  No success.  Checked updates found SP2 installation and uninstall.  Still keep getting same error code 0x800B0100.  What can I do to correct problem?

Open Control Panel.
Open System and Maintenance.
Click on System.
Under Windows edition, what is showing for Service Pack ?

Please post the contents of one of these logs:

Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log
Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.log

If the System Update Readiness Tool could not fix  the inconsistencies that it attempted to fix then you have 4 options to attempt to resolve the 0x800B0100 return code:

1) Run the System File Checker from an Elevated Command Prompt - How to Repair and Verify the Integrity of Vista System Files with System File Checker
2) Replace the missing/ inconsistent content. We need to see one of the CheckSUR logs to know what's missing/inconsistent .
3) An "in-place upgrade", aka Repair Install of Windows Vista - How To Perform a Repair Installation For Vista
4 A clean reinstallation of Windows Vista

MowGreen

*-343 FDNY -*
Never Forgotten

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.