Side-by-Side Error 59

2 Days ago when I  started Microsoft word I received a Side-by-Side error. I restarted my computer thinking it was a glitch and the same thing happened. Now, 99.9% of my programs all get the same error when I try to open them. I looked on the Internet using my I-phone and it said to download and install a certain update. The problem is my Internet doesn't work also due to the same error affecting it and also my comp wont install the updates already in my Q because windows installer is also affected by the Side-by-Side error. So, with that being said, is there any way to over come this with out reinstalling Vista and losing everything? The funny thing is, that the actual update I need to fix this issue IAW the forums is sitting in my Q from last week (automatic download) The automatic update feature never got installed because windows installer is affected. 

Question Info

Last updated December 13, 2018 Views 23,465 Applies to:
Answer

Hi Pappito,

This problem occurs because the run-time libraries are not installed on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server. The applications that use side-by-side libraries cannot run without the run-time libraries. There is an Article KB 923014 which speaks about the error 59.

I would also suggest you to run a System File Checking on the computer:

1. Click on the Start menu, choose All Programs, then Accessories, then right-click on the Command Prompt item and select Run as administrator.
2. Click Continue to authorize opening a command prompt with administrative privileges.
3. Run this command in the cmd prompt: sfc /scannow
4. The cmd prompt should list text stating "Beginning system scan. This process will take some time."
5. Wait for the scan to complete (this can take several minutes so be patient).  This command will scan all protected system files and attempt to replace incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions
6. When the scan completes, the SFC tool will indicate whether or not it found any problems and whether or not it was able to fix them
7. If any errors are reported that SFC was unable to fix, there are steps in this knowledge base article that explain how to locate and attempt to fix the errors.
8. After fixing any errors that are found.

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,
Chethan Kumar.

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer. Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Microsoft-Forum Moderator

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.