Pink screen/occasionally lilac in Windows 7

I am currently running Windows 7 on my home pc.  I have had Windows 7 installed since it was released and it wasn't up until the past few weeks that my screen suddenly changes to pink.  It will occasionally switch back to normal.  I have also seen it a lilac color as well.  Contacted Samsung & through diagnosis, determined it is not the monitor.  I also contacted Acer (pc purchased 1 yr ago), & they advised me to disconnect everything from the system.  Free of all connections, press & hold the power button on the tower for 30 seconds, & then restart as usual.  The system booted up fine but within approx 2 min, I was back to a pink screen.  All drivers have been updated & I have troubleshot various areas & done a system restore multiple times.  I don't know what else to do.  Acer states that I am a few days past my warranty period & it will cost me a minimum of $200.  Again, this pc was just purchased the end of Aug, last yr.  Do you have any other suggestions for me?  I would greatly appreciate any advise you can give. 

Question Info

Last updated August 13, 2019 Views 8,971 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, there are but I think I have figured out the problem.  After 2-3 long, pain-staking weeks of looking at a pink screen, I think it is nothing more than the connection from the video cable(?), that runs from the monitor to the pc.  The monitor had been positioned differently & since I have had some modifications put in place, I haven't had to dreadfully look at that pink screen.  It has been over an hour now & things are looking promising.

Sorry for wasting your time & again, thank you kindly for your reply.

Have a good evening.

11 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.