Question

Q: Internet Explorer 9 Problems with Vista and Windows 7, is there any known problems that are causing computers to freeze or crash completely?

I was notified of updates via Windows Update that Internet Explorer was available (Important update) for my desktop computer running on Windows Vista and my Laptop running on Windows 7.

I have had to revert back to Internet Explorer 8 on Vista because it keeps freezing. Has anybody else experienced this problem because I am not going to put it back on until I know that it is safe to do so. Can anybody advise me on this please?

Window 7 is on my computer but my Laptop but since installing Internet Expplorer 9 my computer has crash and I received a message saying that windows had closed down my computer to safeguard my files etc. also since installation I keep getting a black screen, doesn't last long but its worrying me because that's what happened before the crash. Can anybody advise me on this please?

I am a real novice, not technically minded at all and I also wondered if anybody else was experiencing the problems that I am and if you are is microsoft aware of these problems and trying to sort a fix out for them. I think they have released it to soon.

Worried? Yes. any help given by anyone would be very much apreciated. thanks  

Answer

A:

• How do I uninstall IE9?
     http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/help/ie-9/how-do-i-install-or-uninstall-internet-explorer-9

Does the behavior persist if you uninstall IE9, reboot twice and do NOT reinstall it?

Note: One uninstalls Windows Internet Explorer 9 via View installed updates, not the main Programs and Features window. Uninstalling IE9 will automatically restore IE8 on your Win7 computer.

==================================================

You will find support for Internet Explorer in this forum: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
Microsoft MVP (Windows Client) since October 2002

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Answer

A:

I was notified of updates via Windows Update that Internet Explorer was available (Important update) for my desktop computer running on Windows Vista and my Laptop running on Windows 7.

I have had to revert back to Internet Explorer 8 on Vista because it keeps freezing. Has anybody else experienced this problem because I am not going to put it back on until I know that it is safe to do so. Can anybody advise me on this please?

Window 7 is on my computer but my Laptop but since installing Internet Expplorer 9 my computer has crash and I received a message saying that windows had closed down my computer to safeguard my files etc. also since installation I keep getting a black screen, doesn't last long but its worrying me because that's what happened before the crash. Can anybody advise me on this please?

I am a real novice, not technically minded at all and I also wondered if anybody else was experiencing the problems that I am and if you are is microsoft aware of these problems and trying to sort a fix out for them. I think they have released it to soon.

Worried? Yes. any help given by anyone would be very much apreciated. thanks  

I am i the same situation, since I installed Internet explorer 9. The only thing that differs with us is that I have kept IE9, and I am dealing with it hopeful that MS will come up with a patch soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 26,434 Last updated: March 26, 2018 Applies to: