How do I get rid of blue screen error?

Original Title: Windows Vista Startup Not Working

Hello,
 I have Windows Vista Home Premium, and I have had it for 5 years now (2006-) The problem is that I dont know what happened, but when it restarts, I have two options;

Start Startup Repair (Recommended)
Start Windows Normally

When I choose "Start Windows Normally," a blue screen pops up, with an error message, and dissapears quickly, leading me to restarting my Vista again. On the other hand, when I choose to launch the startup repair, it takes a while, and after a bit, it asks if i want to send the error to microsoft (recommended) and i choose yes, and it takes a little bit more time to look for a solution. Finally, a list of appropriate actions appear;

Startup Repair; I have tried this 8 times now, and it cannot find a solution, leading me to restart once again.
System Restore; I have tried ALL the restore dates, and none of them worked. I got an error saying it cannot restore.
CompletePC Restore; 1. I do not have a backup disk (its a shame, i know) and 2. I do NOT want to back up , and loose all my files.
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tools; I checked for any hardware errors, and none were found.
Command Prompt; I have no idea what to do with this.

If anyone can PLEASE assist me out, i would be MUCH thankful. I have very old memories and photos on this computer and I do NOT want to lose these. I am begging for anyone to assist me, and my last priority would be to forget all these photos and files and move on :( . Oh, and i HAVE tried to run safe mode, by pressing and holding F8 while restarting the computer, and I highlighted Safe Mode with Networking, but it just shows a quick appearance of a blue screen, and crashes back to rebooting. Please assist me on how to do this for the sake of my IMPORTANT files, and memories.

Thanks, in advance.

Question Info

Last updated March 26, 2018 Views 312 Applies to:
Answer

Hi AffanX,

Method 1: Try to disable automatic restart from the advanced boot options menu and then try to capture blue screen error message, see the link below:

Advanced-startup-options-including-safe-mode

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Advanced-startup-options-including-safe-mode 

Method 2: Disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB (universal serial bus) drives, etc...)  Except mouse and the keyboard and then boot up.

If this corrects the issue then add the devices back one at a time until you discover the piece of hardware causing the issue.  Then get any updated drivers\software for the device.

After disconnecting all the external devices, launch Startup Repair

Windows Vista or Windows 7 no longer starts and the Startup Repair tool does not fix the problem
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934540

You may see the steps below for more information

Resolving stop (blue screen) errors in Windows 7

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Resolving-stop-blue-screen-errors-in-Windows-7

( Article above applies to  Windows Vista)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.