The sound was not working after installing windows update KB3110329 in Window Vista. For the time being, I can only exclude this update. Please let me know if there is a solution.
I finally resolved the sound issue because of KB3110329. I did the following steps:
1) Install all recent critical update near April 16 2016 and then KB3110329.
2) Restart your system. The problem will exist.
3) Go Control Panel -> System -> Device Manager -> expand 'Sound, video and game controller'. Right click the second item (ending with Audio Codec) and select
uninstall to delete.
4) Right click 'Sound, video and game controller' and select 'Scan for hardware changes'.
5) After the sound driver is reinstalled, restart the system. The sound is back.
2 people found this reply helpful
Was this reply helpful?
Sorry this didn't help.
Great! Thanks for your feedback.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.
Thanks for your feedback.