My computer will not start properly. I get an error code of 0xc00000e9. I've tried to reboot in safe mode, launch repair, F8 function, nothing. I am not sure what happened, it just stopped working. What can I do?
This issue can be caused by the damaged system files or hardware device.
Step 1: First you may try to
disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB drives, etc...) except mouse and the keyboard and then try to boot up.
If this corrects the issue then add the devices back one at a time until you discover the piece of hardware causing the issue. Then get any updated drivers\software for the device.
Step 2: You may try a Startup repair booting from the Vista full version Disc
and check whether you can resolve the issue.
1. Insert the installation disc.
2. After inserting the disc restart the computer. If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc.
Note: If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check the information that came with your computer. You may need to change your computer's BIOS settings. For more information, see BIOS: frequently asked
3. Choose your language settings, and then click Next.
4. Click Repair your computer.
5. Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
6. On the System Recovery Options menu, click Startup Repair. Startup Repair might prompt you to make choices as it tries to fix the problem, and if necessary, it might restart your computer as it makes repairs.
For more information you may refer the following links:
If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.