Anybody know how to fix this:
Itunes was not installed correctly. Please reinstall iTunes. Error 7 (Windows error 193)
I talked to Apple and they said it was a windows problem........
Okay, but they are saying it is a microsoft windows error. What is windows error 193 anyways?!?
Run the Vista System File Checker Tool:
1. Open a Command Window in Administrator mode:
* click All Programs, thenAccessories
* right click on the Command Prompt option,
* on the drop down menu which appears, click on the Run as Administratoroption.
* If you haven’t disabled User Account Control (and you shouldn’t!) you will be asked for authorisation. Click the Continue button if you are the administrator or insert the administrator password.
2. Start the System File Checker
* In the Command Prompt window, type:sfc /scannow,
* press Enter.
* You’ll see “the system scan will begin”.
The scan may take some time and windows will repair/replace any corrupt or missing files. You will be asked to insert your Vista DVD if it’s needed.
Close the Command Prompt Window when the job is finished.
One caveat: you need a Windows DVD to enable SFC to make more than minor repairs.
“How to analyze the log file entries that the Microsoft Windows Resource Checker (SFC.exe) program generates in Windows Vista”
If SFC finds serious errors it can not fix, you may have to do a Vista Repair Upgrade Install.
If you do not have a Microsoft Vista DVD, borrow one from a friend.
Read this Tutorial on how to do a Repair Install:
8 people were helped by this reply
Did this solve your problem?
Sorry this didn't help.
Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.
How satisfied are you with this response?
Thanks for your feedback.