DCOM server process launcher service terminated unexpectedly or Plug and Play service terminated unexpectedly
I am getting the exact same error messages, they started yesterday and my laptop is shutting and restarting about every 20 mins with the error message appearing before getting logged off. i have tried everything that microsoft are suggesting and still
the error message appears , any one got some more help or advise, help please its driving me up the wall
Try to check if the DCOM server process launcher service is running on the computer.
You must be logged on as an administrator to perform these steps.
1. Open Administrative Tools by clicking the Start button, and then clicking
Control Panel. In the search box, type administrative tools, and then click
2. Double-click Services. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
3. Right-click the DCOM server process launcher service, and then click
4. On the General tab, next to Startup type, make sure that
Automatic is selected.
5. If the service is not already running, under Service status, click Start, and then click
OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
If the above step fails I would suggest that you check in the event viewer to know the cause and post back with details from the event viewer.
1. Open EventViewer by clicking the Startbutton, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, clicking
Administrative Tools, and then double-clicking EventViewer. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
2. Click on event log in the left pane.
3. Double-click an event to view the details of the event.