Windows 8 freezes at log in, then blue screen and error explorer.exe appl. Error...help!,,

I have an HP laptop, got it in February this year. It's been an absolute nightmare....anyway, now it will not even go to start screen. I've tried restarting.....it goes on forever, I finally got annoyed and got this error : "explorer.exe application error.        Instruction at 0X0000007FEE96C7D06.    Referenced memory   0X000000000383EBC0. Required data not placed into memory because I/O error of 0X0000185."
Click OK to end. I did that, and the whole thing started all over, froze after I entered password. This time I let it just sit (for hours it seemed) and then 
Failure to display security and shut down options.  "The sign in process couldn't display security and sign in options when CRTL-ALT-DEL Pressed." (Okay I guess that was the time I control alt deleted, trying to get it to do something!) it continued : "if windows doesn't respond, hit escape ( didn't work) or use power switch to restart. 
I should also note that the restart icon also says "update and restart", so it won't even let me restart without update, which doesn't seem to be working....
Ready to toss in the pool, knew I should have returned this darn thing!
Would greatly appreciate any advice or where to get some. Spoke to Microsoft support a month or two ago about other issues, they couldn't help me and stated rather instantly, that I needed to purchase a year of Microsoft Support for $250!!!!!!! I said I just bought this thing, it's your software you need to fix it and eat the cost, your responsible for this!, sheesh.
Thanks

Question Info

Last updated March 26, 2018 Views 217 Applies to:
We do need the actual DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.
You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.
If you are overclocking stop.  (chances are if you dont know if you are, you are not)a
To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.  We need at least 2 DMP FILES to diagnose and confirm

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button. (if available on  your site, MS doesnt have this)
 *Please upload them to a file sharing service like Skydrive or"Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
Link for how to  upload below.
http://www.wikihow.com/Use-SkyDrive

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

Please also run MSinfo32 and upload the output as well.
To run MSinfo32 please go to start>run>MSinfo32
Go to "file" "save" and upload the saved file with the DMPS
System specs are extremely useful so please include whatever you know.
Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
http://www.zigzag3143.com/

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.