Windows Media Player Script ErrorAn error has occurred on this script page Line: 303 Char: 25 Error: the value of the property 'btnfinish_onclick' is null or undefined, not a function object Code: 0

When finding album information in Media Player I am getting the following message when I click on the "finish" button:
An error has occurred on this script page
Line: 303
Char: 25
Error: the value of the property 'btnfinish_onclick' is null or undefined, not a function object
Code: 0
URL: http://fai.music.metaservices.microsoft.com/FAI/AlbumMatch.aspx?locale=409&geoid=f4&version=11.0.6002.18311&userlocale=409
Do you want to continue?
Clicking on either "Yes" or "No" produces no action. Only responds to "Cancel" which does just that.
This feature has been working flawlessly for months and now I cannot download album information or graphics.
Please help. Thanks
original title:Windows Media Player Script Error
|
Answer
Answer

I have solved this on my machine after some playing around.

When you get to last step of searching for album information, before you click finish, click the little globe in the top left corner of the dialogue box.  This refreshes the connection to the server.  Then click finish and it started working again.

On my other maching I has to refresh a couple of times before it worked but so far 2 out of 2 machines working again.

Hope this helps !!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

I have solved this on my machine after some playing around.

When you get to last step of searching for album information, before you click finish, click the little globe in the top left corner of the dialogue box.  This refreshes the connection to the server.  Then click finish and it started working again.

On my other maching I has to refresh a couple of times before it worked but so far 2 out of 2 machines working again.

Hope this helps !!

Thank Thank you. Sometimes you have to "refresh" several times but eventually the player "seems" to settle down.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 16, 2019 Views 6,763 Applies to: