(Vista) Is there a CONVENIENT way to switch between speakers and analog headphones?

(Vista) Is there a CONVENIENT way to switch between speakers and analog headphones? Must I ALWAYS re-set the default setting, depending on which audio output device I want to use?

We recently installed Music Maker 16.  Prior to this, we'd never had a need for headphones and a microphone.  Now, in attempting to use the headphones and microphone -- THEN switch back to speakers -- we discover a problem.  Apparently, the only way to do this is to change the audio output device default setting EACH time.

The hassle with this cannot be over stated.  My son records a beat and vocals (using headphones and mic), and then, to play it via the speakers (so we can all hear), we have to change default settings.  And back and forth...  There has GOT to be a better way!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Please speak layman lingo; I'm not an IT guru.  Thanks!!!!

Answer
Answer

Hi AnnieElle,

You will have to switch between Speakers and analog device and set that particular you are using as default device. There is no way to set both the device to be used at the same time. You may follow the steps below to switch between speaker and analog device.

1.    Right click on the speaker icon in the taskbar.

2.    Click on playback device.

3.    Select Speakers or Analog device.

4.    Right click on it and click in set as default device.

Hope the above information helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Srinivas R

Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 25, 2018 Views 2,363 Applies to: