The Group Policy Client Service failed the logon, Access is denied.
I have tried restarting in safe mode but it does not allow a logon there. There is no secondary logon to use. The only restore point record was from the prior evening which did not corrct the problem. Where can I go from here?
This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.
Did you perform the system restore from the Windows Recovery Environment?
If not, I would suggest you to perform a system restore from the Windows Recovery Environment.
To do this, you need to have the Windows Vista Operating System DVD.
Also, to use System Restore option, there must be a System Restore point at which the logon was successful.
1. Insert the Windows Vista or Windows 7 DVD, and then restart the computer.
2. When you receive the following message, press any key:
Press any key to boot from CD or DVD.
3. Set the following preferences, and then click Next:
o Language to install
o Time and currency format
o Keyboard or input method
4. Click Repair your computer, select the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.
5. Click System Restore, and then click Next.
6. Click the restore point that you want to use, and then click Next.
Note : Click a restore point that will return the computer to a state where the logon is successful. After you use the System Restore feature, reinstall any programs or updates that may be removed. You will not lose any personal documents.
However, you may have to reinstall programs. You may also have to reset some personal settings.
7. Confirm the disks that you want to restore, and then click Next.
8. Click Finish, and then click Yes when you are prompted.
9. When the System Restore process is complete, click Restart to restart the computer.
10. After the computer restarts, click Close to confirm that the System Restore process has finished successfully.
11. Use an appropriate method to log on. For example, log on by using an older password, or log on by using another computer account.
Check out this link which talks about How to use System Restore to log on to Windows 7 or Windows Vista when you lose access to an account
I would also suggest you to perform a startup repair from the Windows Recovery Environment.
Hope this information is helpful.
Mouneshwar R – Microsoft Support
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think
55 people were helped by this reply
Did this solve your problem?
Sorry this didn't help.
Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.