Security Center can't turn on Trend Micro Titanium when I press Turn on. Please Help!!

My OS is Vista.

I get the notification that security center says that Trend Micro Titanium is turned off.  This has happened before and I pressed turn it on and it was good.  Recently, I've been doing the same process but the windows alert wont go away.  I hit the turn it on button and scroll quickly to the toolbar and it stays and the Trend Micro Titanium icon pops up and goes away.  I attempted to open it manually but it doesn't go to the interface, it just shows the sign and it eventually goes away. What do i do? I have not installed any programs except for PC Login Now to help my friends laptop but it was happening yesterday so its not that.  I had Avast! Antivirus 6 on my laptop but i got a registry error shortly after I downloaded it.  I have Windows Defender on as well, so i think that's the most likely the problem but it was like that already.

Question Info

Last updated September 20, 2019 Views 4,673 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Hi,
  • Does the Trend Micro program say its on?
If not, enable it through the program itself rather than through the security center.

You may also below methods which may help you to resolve your issue:

Method 1: If the issue doesn’t get resolved then you may try performing a system restore to to revert back to the correctly working settings, to do that follow the instructions below:
1) Click Start, type system restore in the Start Search box, and then click System Restore in the Programs list.If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.
2) In the System Restore dialog box, click Choose a different restore point, and then click Next.
3) In the list of restore points, click a restore point that was created before you began to experience the issue, and then click Next.
4) Click Finish.
 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936212

Method 2: I would suggest you try unistalling and reinstalling Trend Micro and check if the issue get resolved.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Uninstall-or-change-a-program

Microsoft-Forum Moderator

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.