Scam - LOGMEIN123.COM

Just had a call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft and did the logmein123 thing. Have changed my passwords for some things. How do I go about completely reinstalling Microsoft and wiping computer. Will that get rid of them
Answer
Answer
Just had a call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft and did the logmein123 thing. Have changed my passwords for some things. How do I go about completely reinstalling Microsoft and wiping computer. Will that get rid of them

hey Sharkprinterswife

reinstalling vista will get rid of anything they might have downloaded to your computer

the hard drive is wiped clean during the process

save your data first and scan it for malware before reinstalling it on the new system

contact the computer manufacturer and ask them to send you vista recovery disks

they do that for a nominal $ cost

also ask them if you have a recovery partition on your hard drive to put it back to how you bought it

you would normally press F10 or F11 or Alt + F10 or 0 at boot to start the recovery process depending on the manufacturer

ask them for the exact key sequence

Walter, The Time Zone Traveller

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

You will need to get a set of restore or recovery discs from your computer manufacturer, or your computer may have a restore or recovery partition that can be used.  Check your manual or your computer manufacturer's online web site for assistance, as the products and process varies from one computer to another.

<Sharkprinterswife> wrote in message news:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 15, 2018 Views 4,422 Applies to: