Keeping Passwords Secure- Microsoft Policy on Getting Around Passwords

Microsoft Support Engineers cannot help users to in any way circumvent passwords. This is for your security. Please see our policy here. In support of this policy, we ask that no posts relating to password cracking be posted in our forums. Such posts will be deleted, and users who post this type of information may be banned from the forums.

If you see a post that seems to offer password cracking advise, please click the “report abuse” link to help us find and deal with it.

Regarding questions with respect to resetting hardware BIOS passwords we would request that you direct customers to the appropriate resources on the Hardware manufacturers sites for the correct procedure.

Thanks for helping to keep our community safe.

BillFill MSFT

so what about microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset (DaRT) 

The UNIX philosophy basically involves giving you enough rope to hang yourself. And then a couple of feet more, just to be sure.http://www.datarry.com/forum/index.php 

i ment if i wanna talk about it  on forum its microsoft produkt  and got lock smith  fro password changing

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have just Googled to find the answer to the problem I'm having setting up my husband's new desktop computer. I started it yesterday; booted, logged in w/ pw and it was fine. Today, I wanted to burn the DVD recovery disks, and create a pw flash drive, install a wireless usb network adapter, set it up on our LAN/home network, etc. Tried to log in and the message I get is "user name or password is incorrect."

Yes, I did everything one should do in such a situation, and got the same message, over and over.

So, I'm looking at what Google finds in answer to my query, and there are literally hundreds of others who have had this same issue with Windows 7, for myriad reasons. And then I come upon your pronouncement on Microsoft Security.

Well, I went and read your policy, and as far as I can see it hasn't been updated since August 8, 2007. That would be before Windows7 came out...well before. Is it not possible that all of these users are having this same issue because there is an inherent problem with Windows 7 that has not yet been acknowledged by Microsoft? And in such a case, would it not be wise to look at how you can accommodate these genuine users who own the computers and own the softward and NEED to be able to access it with their legitimate user names and passwords, regardless of your security policy?

As you may be able to tell, I am becoming quite frustrated by the apparent lack of concern Microsoft appears to be showing for its genuine customers, while I appreciate that security measures must be in place to thwart the efforts of low-tech computer thieves. On the larger scale, I don't imagine the high tech computer theft "industry" needs instructions on how to get around your security, do you?

Your assistance in allowing me to access and use this brand-new desktop PC and brand-new copy of Windows 7 Home Premium would be much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Blackberry Bear

aka Elizabeth Lambert

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I cannot log in to my Vista computer because I can't remember my password.  I have tried to startup under Safe mode and it take me straight to the password has expired page, no safe mode.  I cannot reach my administrator account in any way.  help!

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I cannot log in to my Vista computer because I can't remember my password.  I have tried to startup under Safe mode and it take me straight to the password has expired page, no safe mode.  I cannot reach my administrator account in any way.  help!

hi ,

click the link microsoft support in my signature and follow

have a nice day

Scan with OneCare +Support ENDING for windows Vista & XP ! + Plagued by the Privacy Center? REMOVE IT + Threat Research & Response Blog + Sysinternals Live tools + TRANSLATOR + Photosynth + Microsoft Security + Microsoft SUPPORT +PIVOT from Live Labs + Microsoft Live Labs + Get OFFICE 2010 FREE ! + Windows LIVE !
Microsoft SUPPORT >> support.microsoft.com
Microsoft SECURITY >> www.microsoft.com/security

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am haveing the same problem and I fell just as Frustrated. I have cocluded that my only option will be to buy a windows 7 disc and redo the whole system its ashame they make this computers and if you forget your pass word that can't do any thing to help!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am haveing the same problem and I fell just as Frustrated. I have cocluded that my only option will be to buy a windows 7 disc and redo the whole system its ashame they make this computers and if you forget your pass word that can't do any thing to help!

hi ,

there are ways , click the link and follow the link in my signature to support !

imagine this , some one steal your computer , how will you feel ? we cant see over the net who you are , you could be some one who tries to break in to your fathers comp for example , ...

make a practice of never forgetting it and keep it ( pw ) in a safe place !

have a nice day

Scan with OneCare +Support ENDING for windows Vista & XP ! + Plagued by the Privacy Center? REMOVE IT + Threat Research & Response Blog + Sysinternals Live tools + TRANSLATOR + Photosynth + Microsoft Security + Microsoft SUPPORT +PIVOT from Live Labs + Microsoft Live Labs + Get OFFICE 2010 FREE ! + Windows LIVE !
Microsoft SUPPORT >> support.microsoft.com
Microsoft SECURITY >> www.microsoft.com/security

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for letting me know Bill, I surely didn't know.

I'll take you're advice about manufacturer's instructions.

Thanks,

Q.

Making it big!!
Making it big!!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The argument to safeguard against theft is not a good one. If your computer is stolen, the whole system will be reset, losing all files available. People tend to want help to bypass the software because they do not want to lose everything they have saved on their computer. To protect the 1 computer that might get stolen, you damn the thousand that need assistance for legitimate reasons. The only way around the problem is to use third party password hacking software... so microsofts stance makes no difference, there are many other ways to bypass the software and i am sure the thief will not hesitate to use them if required.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi i see you have had no response from Microsoft. im not surprised. did you ever solve this problem ? I changed my password and now neither my new or old password will work. after reading through the legitimate problems it would seam that Microsoft dont give a ****
 Regards Ian

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am totally disgusted at the amount of time I have wasted trying to find a way to change my adminstrator password that has expired.  I have had my laptop for over 2 years and have always been able to go in thru the Default user which had adminstrator rights.   I entered the expired pw several times and then it would come up with a change pw entry.  Then I would go in and change my adm pw.   Not anymore.  I have looked and tried suggestions and nothing works.  Can't update, add new programs or anything.  I am the only one using this **** computer and why on earth do I need a password of which I was never warned it was about to expire.   And yes I should have created a recovery disk but was not a priority.   I am willing to sign something taking full responsiblity for my actions if only Microsoft would address this stupid and common problem!!!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 9, 2021 Views 148,524 Applies to: