how to start windows explorer as administrator with full administrator privilege

first of all,forgive me if i post my question on wrong section, i don't which section should i put my question.

i noticed drag n drop feature not working if i open any program as administrator (via run as administrator) eventhough i logged on using administrator account.

but if i terminate explorer.exe in task manager and manually run new explorer.exe with "run as administrator", drag n drop feature works fine with any program that opened with "run as administrator"

so is it possible to start windows with full administrator privilege like when i manually open explorer.exe with "run as administrator"?, so that i don't have any problem when using drag n drop feature

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2018 Views 173,328 Applies to:
Answer

Hello Rotero,

Thank you for Posting on the Microsoft Vista Community Forums.

You may try to enable the default administrator account first.

To enable follow the steps below:

1.  Open a command prompt in administrator mode by right-clicking and choosing “Run as administrator”

2.  Now type the following command: net user administrator /active:yes

You should see a message that the command completed successfully. Log out, and you’ll now see the Administrator account as a choice.

If the issue persists try to run SFC scan. The System File Checker tool to determine whether the issue that you are experiencing is caused by one or more system files that are used by Windows Vista, The System File Checker tool scans system files and replaces incorrect versions of the system files by using the correct versions.

To run the System File Checker tool, follow these steps:

1.  Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box. 

2.  Right-click cmd in the Programs list, and then click Run as administrator.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue 

3.  At the command prompt, the following line, and then press ENTER: sfc /scannow 

When the scan is complete, verify whether the issue that you are experiencing is resolved. If the issue that you are experiencing is not resolved, use the procedure that is described in the "The System Restore tool" section.

Access the link below to know more information about System File Checker tool

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936212

If the issue persists, run online virus scan from the link below to verify if your computer is infected with Virus. If you find any files infected, try to remove it.

http://safety.live.com

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Srinivas

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.