Question

C:\Windows\System32\wbem\unsecapp.exe

Phynyxe asked on

Okay, I have a 32 bit Acer Aspire Timeline with Vista sp2. This is a rental until I get my return on school funds. As we are renting this computer, they have installed some kind of program from Microsoft that allows them to control the computer remotely, or so they say. This has been a recent addition to their computers and so far there have been nothing but complaints about the functionality of the comps since.  We have tried to locate the program in the uninstall menu without any luck. We have found a few things in the processes, the C:\Windows\System32\wbem\unsecapp.exe being what we thought most likely. Users and Administrators have next to no permission for use, but someone, or something titled  Trusted Installer has FULL capabilities. Would you please tell us exactly what this is and what its for. We just want the computer to run right and figure if we find that this IS the program in question, we can kill the process and enjoy better performance from the PC. Whatever the program is, you can't even make a default backup of the computer, though it keeps trying. Please help us out. Just dont feel like waiting four more months to pay it off, as its causing problems with functionality and this is a school computer.  Thanks guys.

22 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Shekhar S replied on

1. Are you the computer administrator?
2. What happens when you run th backup program? Do you get any error message?

The Unsecapp.exe application is used in the communication of two computers and this program starts automatically in Windows vista. The Unsecapp.exe application is used to send results back to a client in a process that may not have permissions to be a DCOM service. Both scripting and the Microsoft .NET System Management namespace rely on the Unsecapp.exe application to receive the results of asynchronous operations.
Method 1.
You may try the resetting the security settings to default and check.
How do I restore security settings to the default settings?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313222
Method 2.
I would also ask you to contact the system administrator or the IT helpdesk at y our school on this.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards:
Shekhar S - Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.
Thanks and Regards,
Shekhar Sharma
5 people found this helpful

Abuse history

Most Helpful Reply
Coldfire74 replied on

hey, just wanted to put in my two cents, I think the Google Remote Desktop apps adds this process as well. I have noticed a problem with system lag when it is running. my system stays stable if I stop the process.
11 people found this helpful

Abuse history

progress