Question

Q: Currently My guest account is set as Administrator AND I CAN NOT CHANGE IT

Hello , My problem is as follows: 

For some reason my Guest account is set as Administrator. Through guest account i try to set another account as administrator but i can not, I would like to update windows and it keeps saying that i need Administrator persmission. I cant change the account type into normal, it says that i need to set an admin before , I try to set and admin but nothing changes.

I would like for example to upgrade my windows live messenger, it says i need to isntall 2updates , In the guest account (Which is set to Admin, I see no updates) , When i go to normal account i see available updates, I press on update, but i get an "error" Message saying i need administrator permission.

Could you please advise ?

ThANKS

Answer

A:

If you are able to enable the Built-in Admin in Safe Mode ....
Logon to the Built-in admin account > and do the following :.
How to fix : Guest account somehow turns into admin

Start button > search box, type netplwiz  > press Enter > Users tab > under users for this computer heading, click theguest account >Properties > Group Membership tab > click on the radio dot in front ofOther >click OK

For the benefits of others looking for answers, please mark the suggestion as Answered if it solves your problem.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 2,089 Last updated: May 25, 2018 Applies to: