Question

Q: Cannot save the account (username) and password when connecting to network neighbor! This thread is locked from future replies

Dear All,

When I try to connecting a network neighbor (PC) to access the hard disk remotely, a window will be displayed to ask the username and password. I input the data and click the option to save the password. However, when I connect to the same PC next, the window is always shown to ask the username and password again. How do I save the username/password and avoid to input such data next time.

Best Regards,
Rike_Lin.

Answer

A:

Dear All,

After searching this issue in Google for a while, Windows Vista Home Preimum version doesn't suppor to save the credentials. The only suggestion is to use an another tool to maintain the password list. The recommended software is "Keepass Password Safe". It is an open source package, and support to store and auto-type the password for windows login and network connection. Suggest everyone to try this. Thanks!

Best Regards,
Rike_Lin.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Answer

A:

Dear Brent,

After several tries with different methods, I think that your idea to use the 'net use' command seems to be a better solution now. Thanks very much for your help.

Best Regards,
Rike_Lin.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 3767 Last updated: November 15, 2017 Applies to: