Windows Media Player 11: Error Code c00d1197

I have been streaming 'legal' tv catchup here in Finland perfectly well using Internet Explorer, up until 6 days ago. I foolishly followed a Gizmodo article on how to keep your computer healthy (it involved CCleaner) and then I started getting error message and WMP seemed to have vanished from my machine (although it was still there). Even System Restore failed to work in Safe Mode. However, I restored my registry using the backup I saved previously, which restored the function of System Restore and Windows Media Player was acting like normal...Except for online streaming. 

I often get Error code c00d1197. I follow the support offered by Microsoft and then the code will change to C00D10B5 or C00D11B1. They all seem similar. I have also followed the support offered in these forums, but still no luck. I would appreciate any help with this. I can't believe we are in 2010 and something as simple as trying to view online TV is so damn complicated.

Hope someone can help,

Dave

Question Info

Last updated March 25, 2018 Views 3,963 Applies to:
Answer

Hi Davegraham79,

• When do you get these error codes?
• What happens when you try to stream online?
• Do you get any error message when you stream using Windows Media Player?

A) Make sure that the Player features that require an Internet connection can always connect when your computer is online, by doing the following:
1. In Windows Media Player, on the Tools menu, click Options.
2. In the Options dialog box, on the Player tab, click Connect to the Internet (overrides other commands)

B) To turn off UDP streaming

1. In Windows Media Player, on the Tools menu, click Options.
2. In the Options dialog box, on the Network tab, in the Streaming protocols area, clear the UDP check box.

C) Also Optimize Internet Explorer.
“How to optimize Internet Explorer” http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213

Diana
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.