windows media center has stopped working

I keep getting a message saying windows media center has stopped working, I also get one saying windows media center manager has stopped working, I think there is also one with windows STF manager as well. It is a new computer so should have no probs. There is also something strange happening with my internet connection. I have all bars of signal strength but keep dropping out. Telstra have been no help!!
I tried the scf /scannow but got a message "windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation" got to 63% then stopped.
this has been moved by John from microsoft but to where?? still no answers.

Question Info

Last updated October 20, 2018 Views 20,176 Applies to:
Answer
Hello Emma Howard,

Thank you for your post.  Please follow the steps below to see if re-registering the media center components will help to solve the problem.

Click the 'Start' button > in the search field type 'Command' > Right-click the Command Prompt and select 'Run as Administrator'

Once the command prompt is open in an elevated state, type the following hitting enter after each line.

regsvr32.exe atl.dll

C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched /unregServer

C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched /service

C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr /unregServer

C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr /service

C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRec.exe /unregServer

C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRec.exe /regserver

C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe /unregServer

C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe /regserver

Please let us know if this did or didn't help to resolve the problem.

Cheers

Jason Microsoft Answers Support Engineer Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.