Why is my windows media player not burning any of my blank Cds

for the past 3 hours i have been working on tryiong to burn cds off of windows media player. i have CD-R discs which is music discs which i never had any problems with until now. then after a while i tried using a DVD+R CD to record it as a sata CD but that did not seem to work either. it read the CD but it did not let me burn. it said how many mins it had remained but when i added music to the burn list it never moved or the burn now button ever came up for me to click it. it was gray. PLEASE HELP ME

Question Info

Last updated April 1, 2020 Views 115,709 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi RevDraiford,

A.      Are you able to burn CD’s using other programs?

B.      Are you getting any error while you try to burn CD?

C.      From when are you facing this issue?

If you bring up windows media player, then make a burn list, then insert disk to burn the music it will gray out the burn button. But if you insert the disk then bring up media player it will not be grayed out.

To burn an audio CD do the following:

1.     Click the Burn tab, click the arrow below the Burn tab, and then click Audio CD (this is the default choice).

2.     Insert a blank CD-R disc into your CD burner.

3.     If necessary, click the Clear List pane button to remove all items from the previous burn list.

4.     Find the items in your library that you want to copy to the audio CD.

5.     To create a burn list, drag items from the Details pane (the pane in the middle of the library) to the List pane (the pane on the right side of the library).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Burn-a-CD-or-DVD-in-Windows-Media-Player-frequently-asked-questions

Hope this was helpful.

Bindu S -- Microsoft Support
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

221 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.