why have i got no sound when playing DVDs using media.?

I have a good quality picture but no sound at all when playing DVD's using Media Player, but when I play music it is fine Please help.
Answer
Answer
Hello Jogly22,

Thank you for posting.  This can happen if the Audio track of the DVD is set to something other than what your computer uses.  Let's try changing the audio track of the DVD.  You can do this in Media player by clicking on the DVD button at the bottom near the play button.  In the pop-up menu you should then see audio, From there you should be able to select different audio tracks.

DVD audio is determined by the speaker configuration you selected in Set Up Your Speakers, the audio connection type that you use to connect your computer to your speakers or stereo receiver, and the DVD audio settings in Windows Media Center. For more information about setting up your speakers in Windows Media Center.  Also, the availability of digital audio is dependent on the options that are enabled by the audio hardware that is installed on your computer. For more information about your audio hardware capabilities, refer to the documentation that came with your computer.

Please let me know if this helps you.

Zack
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

38 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 14, 2024 Views 37,165 Applies to: