Q: My toshiba laptop has a built in webcam that is not working. Less than 6 months old This thread is locked from future replies

I have only used the camera about 6 times and always worked fine till one day it just didn't work.  my system is windows vista home premium 32bit.  I tried updating drivers, reinstalling camera assistant software, and system recovery with the included discs.  it say drfiver open fail restart camera or computer.

Hi hollywood1973,

Welcome to Microsoft Answers Forums.

First I would suggest that you install the latest drivers for the built in webcam by visiting the laptop manufacturers website and locate the latest drivers for the webcam install it and restart the computer check if it works.

If the above step does not fix the issue would suggest that you repair the camera assistant software from the control panel.

Click on Camera Assistant in Control Panel/Programs/Uninstall a Program.  Click on Camera Assistant Software. Then choose Repair. 

If the above steps does not fix the issue would suggest that you contact the laptop manufacturer for more information.

Halima S    - Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

90 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 60,169 Last updated: March 20, 2018 Applies to: