Mobile device does not sync with Windows Media player
My mobile device (Pharos Traveler 137) running windows media player 10 mobile is not detected by Windows Media Player 11 running in Vista. It connected and synched properly for months, but does not do so now, even thought the mobile device is detected
by the computer and synchs properly for other purposes, such as outlook, files, etc. How to I get Windows Media Player to once again detect the device (specifically the 8gb storage card) in teh Sync window?
This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.
1. Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
2. Is the device detected on the computer?
Step 1: We recommend you check if the sync settings are correct. To do this, follow these steps.
1. Open Windows Media Player.
2. Click the arrow below the Sync tab, point to the device, and then click Advanced Options.
3. The properties dialog box for your device is displayed. In the Sync tab, check mark Start sync when device connects check box.
4. Restart the media player.
The next time you want to sync, connect the device to your computer, click the Sync tab, and then click Start Sync.
Step 2: Add a Sync Device to Windows Media Player.
1. Start Windows Media Player and connect your portable device into a USB port on your computer. A box "Windows Media Player -- Device Setup" box will pop up, showing that it has recognized the device and provides an opportunity for you to name your device.
2. Read how the player will sync your device, which is directly under where you type in the name of the device. If the device's storage is more than 4 gigabytes, as an example, and your library on Windows Media Player will fit on that device, the player will
3. Selection of automatic sync means that your device will mirror your entire Windows Media Player library and will do so each time it is connected. Click "Finish."
4. To sync only some of your library, when the Player has chosen automatic, you can choose what will sync when you open Windows Media Player. Click on the portable device in the right pane, and drag the items you want to sync to that device.
5. Selection of a manual sync indicates that the player detected that the portable device does not have room for your entire library. Click "Finish." Open Windows Media Player, select the portable device in the right pane, and drag the items you want to sync
to that device.