Image flips from positive to negative when printing from Windows Photo Gallery

When I try to print direct from Photo Gallery in the preview page the positive image flashes up briefly before flipping to negative and I can't see anything in Printer Preferences (Canon iP4500) to rectify this.

The effect only occurs on jpg's which have been downloaded from my own camera - other jpg's are OK.

I have no problem with the same images when printing through Photoshop.
|
Answer
Answer

Hi bigfritz,

Welcome to Microsoft Answers Community site.  

Different device types tend to possess different color characteristics and capabilities. Displays, for instance, can't show the same set of colors that a printer can reproduce. This is because of the fundamentally different processes each device uses to produce color content. Scanners and cameras have different color characteristics as well. Even different programs sometimes interpret and process colors differently. Without a consistent color management system, the same picture can look different on each of these devices. The appearance of color content also depends upon the viewing conditions (such as ambient lighting). This is because the human eye adapts differently to different conditions, even when viewing the same picture. 

As a result, color management maintains the relationships within color content so that an acceptable appearance can be achieved on devices with different color capabilities and across different viewing conditions. This requires color management systems to control the relationships between the device characteristics and the viewing conditions to produce acceptable results.

Color profiles are usually added automatically during the installation of new devices. Color profiles may also be added by color management tools, such as calibration devices for monitors. As a result, it's likely that profiles for your devices already exist.  

However, if you need to install a new profile, follow these steps:  

1: Open Color Management by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Hardware and Sound, and then clicking Color Management.
2: Click the Devices tab.
3: From the Device list, select the color device that you want to associate with one or more color profiles.
4: Select the Use my settings for this device check box, and then click Add.
5: You should see a Source Space of sRGB. In the Print Profile box you now need to select the Canon Profile that matches the paper. You should see these choices for Canon paper.

Canon IP4500 Series GL2
Canon IP4500 Series GL3
Canon IP4500 Series MP2
Canon IP4500 Series PR1
Canon IP4500 Series PR2
Canon IP4500 Series PR3
Canon IP4500 Series SP2
Canon IP4500 Series SP3

6: These match the Canon paper types - PR > Photo Paper Pro, GL > Glossy, MP > Matte 
7: Then go to Color/Intensity and choose the Manual Option. Click on Set and under Color Correction choose none.  

For more information check Color management settings: frequently asked questions 

Let me know if that work. Good luck!

Hope this information is helpful.

Thanks and Regards,
Vijay KKS

[If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 2, 2021 Views 18,807 Applies to: