icons no longer showing up for pic files and folders
for some reason my picture icons are not showing up and neither are my folder icons, the only thing i see is the default icon that shows up when widows doesnt know what file it is. i can open all my files because i know which ones are which but visually
there is no difference between the icon for my thumbnails and folders
This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.
• When was the last time it was working?
• What is the version of Windows installed on the computer?
• Does it happen with all the files?
For the picture icons not showing you will need to enable the thumbanil view for the files.
Using Folder Options in Control Panel, you can change the way your files and folders function, as well as how the content in your folders is displayed.
• Open FolderOptions by clicking the
Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Folder Options.
• Click the View tab, and then select the Always show icons, never thumbnails and
uncheck the box.
• Click OK and Apply
For the default icons show up for the files that are not associated with any file you will need to either install the program that supports the file type or make sure that the files are associated with the right file type on the computer.
1. Open the folder that contains the file you want to change.
2. Right-click the file that you want to change, and then, depending on the type of file, either click Open With or point to Open With and then click Choose Default Program.
3. Click the program that you want to use to open this file.
4. Do one of the following:
• If you want all files of that type to open in the same software program, select the Always use the selected program to open this kind of file check box, and then click OK.
• If you want only that file to open in the software program this one time, clear the Always use the selected program to open this kind of file check box, and then click OK.