Error Message C00D11C6 for Windows Media Player. Says my computer is running low on memory. Quit other programs.

Error Message C00D11C6 for Windows Media Player.  Says my computer is running low on memory.  Quit other programs.   This happens when I have no other programs running.  I have tried to shut down and restart to clear any memory.   I am using Windows Vista 32bit and my computer is only a year old. 

Question Info

Last updated March 25, 2018 Views 3,261 Applies to:

Hi chili29,

Welcome to Microsoft Windows Vista Community site. I would suggest you to try out these suggestions and check if they can resolve your issue.

You will need a new MPEG-2 DVD Decoder; the decoder that comes with Vista has expired and I would suggest you to uninstall the previous MPEG-2 DVD Decoder and check for Microsoft Support KB Article link for supported software MPEG-2 DVD decoders in Windows Media Player for Windows XP and Windows Vista and upgrade accordingly.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306331

Let me know if that does or does not work. Good luck!

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks and Regards,

Vijay KKS

[If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi chili29,

Welcome to Microsoft Windows Vista Community site. I would suggest you to try out these suggestions and check if they can resolve your issue.

You will need a new MPEG-2 DVD Decoder; the decoder that comes with Vista has expired and I would suggest you to uninstall the previous MPEG-2 DVD Decoder and check for Microsoft Support KB Article link for supported software MPEG-2 DVD decoders in Windows Media Player for Windows XP and Windows Vista and upgrade accordingly.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306331

Let me know if that does or does not work. Good luck!

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks and Regards,

Vijay KKS

[If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]

Let me see ifI understand this correctly:  Microsoft provided an OS where key components were designed to fail at a ceertain point in time?!?  And the only solution is to pay extra for third-party software soutions?!!?!?

Which I have done, by the way, having no other choice.  In fact I've tried every solution offered by every webpage I caan find,  and yet, I still get the same mysterious C00D11C6 error message.

Here's a radical thought:  how about if Microsoft provides an upgrade or a bugfix to solve the proble caaused by their own software?!  How's that for a novel approach?!!

And if you can't fix it, at least tell me how to uninstall WMP off my computer, becaause right now its just junk clogging up my system.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.