Question

Direct Microphone output to Speaker.

laureenofscotts asked on
Original Title: How to use a microphone through my laptop (people can hear what I am saying)
Hello,
I have a Cyber Acoustics CVL-1064 desktop microphone and I would like to know how can my voice be heard through the speakers of my laptop.
Thank you very much for your assistance.

5 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Shinmila H replied on

Hi laureenofscotts,

a.    What is the make and model number of your sound card?

b.    Do you mean to say that you want to project your microphone output to your laptop speaker?

If question b is true, what you’re trying to achieve here is called microphone pass-through that directs playback from microphone to speaker. However this feature is not supported by all sound cards.

1.    Find out from your sound card manufacturer if this feature is supported. If so, you will need appropriate driver that supports the feature. Visit the support section of your sound card manufacturer’s website to get the driver.

2.    Install third party software that has the capability to enable this feature.

For additional help, see: http://www.cyberacoustics.com/p.cfm/support/microphone-products

Note: Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Regards,

Shinmila H - Microsoft Support

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Be the first person to mark this helpful

Abuse history

progress