Audio Service is Not Working Error 1059

I am trying to fix the audio on my laptop and I have no idea what happened or how it happened but the sound is not cooperating. I've tried practically everything and I cannot get it to work.

One guy gave me directions to do this:
start program>run 
type "services.msc" 
look for Windows Audio and double click on it. 
Startup Status said "stopped" and I clicked start
and a pop-up message says,
"Windows could not start the Windows Audio service on Local Computer. Error 1059: Circular service dependency was specified."
Do I need to go out to get this fixed or is this just a minor problem? The sound system hasn't been working since 5 months ago. Please help ASAP! :]
Answer
Answer

Hi DropTopping,

Method 1:

You may refer to the below provided links and check if the steps provided assist you resolve the issue -

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/no-sound-in-windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Tips-for-fixing-common-sound-problems

Method 2:

I would suggest you to check if the output devices are enabled or not. You may follow the below steps and check if the default device is set properly for sound output –

a. Click Start type Sound in the Start Search box.
b. Click Sound in the search results at the top of the Start menu.
c. Click the Playback tab. Notice the check mark next to the default device. For most
users, the default device is Speakers.

If you have a message stating No audio devices are installed I would suggest you to right click in the same window and click on show disabled devices. Then speaker option will get displayed. You may right click and click on enable to enable the speakers.

d. Select the sound device (that is speakers) that you want as the default sound device, and then click Set default.
e. Click the Properties button, then select the Levels tab, and make sure that the volume
is at 100 and not muted.
f. Click OK to save your settings and to close the Sound dialog box.

Method 3:

To perform SFC scan you may follow the steps below and check -
a. Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow
b. Type the following command, and then press ENTER:
sfc /scannow 
A message will appear stating that 'The system scan will begin'. Be patient because the scan may take some time.
c. If any files require a replace SFC will replace them. You may be asked to insert your Win7 DVD for this process to continue.
d. If everything is okay you should, after the scan, see the following message "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations".
e. After the scan has completed, close the command prompt window, restart the computer and check.

Check the below mentioned link for further guidance on SFC scan -
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Hope this helps.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 19, 2020 Views 3,165 Applies to: