Windows Vista blue screen error regarding hard disc crash after every 10-15 minutes.

My system crashes after every 15 minutes showing this blue screen error. Since few days before this error, the hard disc reading ability has been slowed down very much. While opening any drive or file, it takes a lot of time as compared to the normal performance. After this blue screen my system goes for a reboot and then another error appear like hard disc not found. I am using dell Studio and ran the system diagnostic and there too hard disc error was found. Is it possible to resolve this issue by replacing my old hard disc with new one?? 
Answer
Answer

Vista/xp have software already installed to transfer the OS from one HD to another,if youre pc is

a desktop,its fairly easy.Or,install a new HD,on pc start,enter the BIOS,install vista installation cd,

set pc to boot to cd (1st boot priority) HD 2nd,save and exit.The installation menu should show,follow

instructions,select to "format" the HD,then windows will install auto.

Or,install 2nd HD,in windows,go to run,type: diskmgmt.msc  in msc,R.click on the new HD,create a

partition,use wizard default settings,once thru,re-click,select to format,once thru exit msc.

Return to run,type:  XCOPY C:\*.* D:\ /c/h/e/k/r  agree to all in the DOS window,once its thru,the new

HD has the old OS installed.D: being the letter of new HD,if given other,then use that instead..This works

great,but with a faulty HD,data might not get transfered,or it might be corrupted... 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 30, 2019 Views 111 Applies to: