Each time I try to get in to my MSN messenger, I always get asked to update it which I had been doing, but each time I do so, it keeps on taking me off with the same error that kept me off for the past few months.
I even had wlsetup files "all" and "custom" installed and it's like it won't let me use ether except the Windows Live installer, but that's it. However, that too lead to failure, along with the following:
- The last answer I read said something about updating to Windows 7. What does that have to do with getting my messenger working again?
- In addition to that, I have been unable to get to my security center, becuse of an error message: "An exception occurred while trying to run C:\windows\system32\shell32.dll,control_runDLL
- "An exception Occured while trying to run "C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell.dll,Control_RunDLL
- C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscui.cpl" was what it said when I tried to access my computer's security center.
- When trying to use the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility , I was met with this error reading, "Can't find script engine "VBScript" for script "C:\DOCUME~1\BIGBEA~1\LOLCALS~1\Temp\IXP000.Temp\StartMsi.vbs".
When running the vbscript file, I was stopped by this error:
- "DllRegisterServer in C:\Windows\system32\vbscript.dll failed.
- Return code was: 0x8004005"