SFC /scannow Found but could not fix some Corrupt files, How do i remove them / find them?

Hi, so i did the sfc /scannow in the Command Prompt for Windows Vista.

I got the message saying:

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them
Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.Log. For example

C:\Windows\system32>findstr /c"[SR]" xwindirx\logs\cbs\cbs.log >sfcdetails.txt

Ok so i got no idea how to check this, or get rid of the files that couldnt get fixed, Apparent to the info given by the scan.

SO yes. How do i check the log for this? step by step where do i go? Is there a way to rid of fix these corrupt files?

I have a bad time on my internet, It loads slow, Games i play are showing me having a enormous latency / ping. Pages load 3x slower then usual. i have done lots of scans, in safe mode and in regular mode with different types of Antifvirus programs, All come up clean with nothing, So i was thinking maybe its something with the registry?

Thanx in advance.

Question Info

Last updated October 12, 2019 Views 43,850 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hello Vars,

Since you are still having problems after a SFC scan with corrupt files it couldn't fix, then you can try a In-Place Upgrade which will do a repair of the operating system. You will need to have the DVD installation disc from the PC manufacturer. BACK UP all of your data you want to save just incase something goes wrong!

Note: After performing In-Place Upgrade, your personal data and installed programs will not be removed but you may need to run Windows Update to install all the available updates for your system to update these system files to the current version. This troubleshooting process is time consuming and may take several hours to complete.

If your DVD installation disk is prior to Sp1, and you have SP1 installed on your computer, you will need to uninstall SP1 to complete the in-place upgrade and then reinstall the necessary windows updates. This applies if you have SP2 also.

If you would like to perform the In-place Upgrade, let’s refer to the following steps.

1. Start the computer by using the current Operating System.

2. Insert the Windows Vista DVD in the computer's DVD drive.

3. Use one of the following procedures, as appropriate:

• If Windows automatically detects the DVD, the Install Now screen appears. Click Install Now.

• If Windows does not automatically detect the DVD, follow these steps:

a. Click Start, click Run, type Drive:\setup.exe, and then click OK.

Note Drive is the drive letter of the computer's DVD drive.

b. Click Install Now.

4. When you reach the "Which type of installation do you want?" screen, click Upgrade to upgrade the current operating system to Windows Vista.

Hope this helps you. Let us know either way. Make it a great day!

"And In The End The Love You Take, Is Equal To The Love You Make" (The Beatles last song from thier last album, Abbey Road.)
"In the End The Love You Take, Is Equal To The Love You Make"

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.