Question
  • This thread is locked from future replies

My Cursor jumps while Typing

sandldy3 asked on
My cursor jumps to random places on the screen or activates links while I'm typing.  This occurs no matter what program I am in.  I have acer (aspire 5315) and have never had this problem until withing the last month.  I get the automatic updates through windows. I have read through several of the solutions to similar questions on this matter but yet I remain jumping about the screen.  I have tried updating, rolling back all drivers but still no luck?  Can you help me or should I just buy a MAC?
413 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
THE C. replied on
Hello sandldy3,

No, keep your PC ;-) I have seen this alot with laptops! Lets give this a try: Click the Start button> click Control Panel> click Hardware> and then click Mouse. Click the Pointer Options tab, and then do the following: Uncheck the Hide pointer while typing box. Hope this helps you. Let us know either way. Make it a great day!

"In the End The Love You Take, Is Equal To The Love You Make" (The Beatles last song from thier last album, Abbey Road.)
"In the End The Love You Take, Is Equal To The Love You Make"
273 people found this helpful

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Hi,

I have seen some others with the issue yet not 1st hand. Try Acer support as I suspect it is a known issue.

Acer Support
http://us.acer.com/acer/service.do?LanguageISOCtxParam=en&ctx2.c2att1=25&CountryISOCtxParam=US&ctx1g.c2att92=453&ctx1.att21k=1&CRC=3529792491

Rob - Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.
Rob Brown - Microsoft MVP - Windows and Devices for IT.
Windows Insider MVP
21 people found this helpful

Abuse history

progress