Q: Mouse doesn't work in Microsoft Word to select text, or highlight text to copy or add features such as bold/italics/underline.

After pasting an E-mail into a Microsoft Word document (which I do all the time), my mouse stopped working to click anywhere in the document and it won't allow me to use the side scroll bar.  I can still click on tabs and commands up top and the page up and down buttons, but I can't highlight text to underline/bold/italics or to copy or move around in the document.  I use these features all the time and am very frustrated.  I can still do all of these things in other applications such as E-mail, Facebook, Internet but not in Word.  Please help.  I have already checked my mouse settings and drivers and they are all up-to-date without errors.  I have restarted my computer; the only next step I can think of is reinstalling Microsoft Office Professional 2007.  I appreciate any assistance you can provide.  Respectfully, Julie

These are the current Support Forums.

Check with the Office Experts here : (re-ask your question in the appropriate groups)

Answers - Office Forum - Installing, Upgrading, and Activating Microsoft Office Products

Answers - Office Forums

Hope this helps.

The below are no longer supported.

Check with the experts here :

Discussions in Word Application Errors

Office Discussion Groups

and here :

Discussions in microsoft.public.word.application.errors

Welcome to Microsoft Discussion Groups

Hope this helps.

Rob - Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

Rob Brown - Microsoft MVP - Windows and Devices for IT 2010 - current
Windows Insider MVP 2016 - current

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

37 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 106,278 Last updated: March 24, 2018 Applies to: