I dropped my computer, now it's acting weird...

I recently dropped my laptop (it's a Samsung, not sure what kind; it's only a year old), and the battery kind of popped out of its socket. :(

Afterwards:
- The Computer would start ok, until it got to the desktop
- But then it would freeze at the desktop and none of the programs would work
- Ctrl-alt-delete wouldn't work.  There would be this error message if I tried it.
- Safe mode worked sometimes.  Sometimes it wouldn't, it would get stuck at the black screen (w/white letters) and stay there.

I eventually ended up running System Recovery and that seemed to fix the problem.  The computer was working ok for about 24 hours.  But just now, it crashed again (for no apparent reason), and now it's back to being weird.

Safe mode runs ok, but regular mode won't let me run any programs.  It's suuuper slow.

I know this is kind of vague but I'd REALLY appreciate any ideas on what the problem might be.

Cheers,
Grace

Question Info

Last updated March 25, 2018 Views 1,358 Applies to:
Answer
Umm... Contacting Samsung's technical support would probably be the best idea. It is possible that, say, memory modules are loose, hard drive or motherboard got damaged etc. As far as memory modules it's likely that you can remove them and insert them again by yourself (with AC adapter disconnectd and battery removed from your laptop). At the bottom of your laptop there should be a latch (fastened with a Philips screw). This latch hides the memory modules. Either way, the safest way would be to contact Samsung's technical support.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.