I am attempting to do a Dell Factory Image Restore.

After I click on "Yes, refomat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition", I receive the following message:  "PC RESTORE: Access to \Tools\dp.sc was denied."  What do I do now?

Question Info

Last updated April 8, 2019 Views 3,404 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

"Now what?"

Contact Dell for help.

I have already advised you to either contact Dell or to ask in Dell's Support Forums for help with using their Recovery Instructions, as it is Recovery Software designed by Dell, not by Microsoft.

Cheers.

Bill Smithers - Microsoft MVP July 2013 - June 2020

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
After I click on "Yes, refomat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition", I receive the following message:  "PC RESTORE: Access to \Tools\dp.sc was denied."  I asked the Microsoft Windows Answer board what to do and this is the response:

On the Microsoft Windows Answer board, I was given these instructions to follow:  You would appear to be following Dell's Information correctly as per their link:  http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?c=us&l=en&s=gen&docid=DSN_336966&isLegacy=true

If it does not work, ask Dell why or try their Forums.  http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dellcare/contact_technical_support

When I go to the Advanced Boot Options menu in Safe Mode, I am told to select "Repair Your Computer".  The only problem is, I do not receive this as an option.

Now what?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.