How to fix an error created by VDS dynamic provider.

I saw the event ID 10 error caused by VDS Dynamic provider. I tried to fix it by stoping and restarting however the error comes back. I am using Window Vistax64 in HP computer. Please see the detail of the problem. 

Log Name:      System

Source:        VDS Dynamic Provider

Date:          

Event ID:      10

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Description:The provider failed while storing notifications from the driver. The Virtual Disk Service should be restarted. hr=80042505

Provider Name="VDS Dynamic Provider" 

EventID Qualifiers="49410">10</EventID

Thank you.

Question Info

Last updated October 15, 2019 Views 14,277 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Shield-I,

This issue occurs because the Virtual Disk service stops the Virtual Disk providers when it shuts down. When this occurs, the Virtual Disk service unregisters for driver notifications. Then, the service stops the notification processing thread.

Because the process occurs in this order, the notification processing thread may call back in to the driver after the provider has unregistered for notifications with the driver. In this case, an event is logged.

To resolve this issue if you have an application, an accessory, or a service that experiences a failed Virtual Disk start, restart the Virtual Disk service.

Note: Even if the Virtual Disk service has been restarted once, the issue may still occur after you restart the operating system.

Have a look at the following article link:

Event ID 10 may be logged on a computer that is running a clean installation of Windows Vista SP1 or Windows Server 2008

Hope this helps.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.