How to correct error Event ID 1101

I have been experiencing problems with my computer graphics since an automatic update to ATI Radeon 3600.   The screen would scramble pixels all over the page or do a memory dump or blue screen error. The Problems and Reports recorded the error and identified the error with the ATI drivers.  I also checked the event viewer and found an error referencing Kernel power.   I removed the ATI drivers and reinstalled the correct driver update.  Now I am receiving the Event Viewer error 1101 instructing me to decrease the number of events logged.   This is getting way over my head now.  How do I decrease the number of events?  I don't see any way to delete them. 

My operating system is Windows Vista 32.  I have a Dell desktop XPS 420.  Intel (R) Core (TM) 2 DUO CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz  2.99 GHz 4.00 GB

I appreciate any help in resolving my problem.

Hi,

1.      What is the complete error message are you getting along with blue screen?

2.     Does the issue occur in Safe mode?

If you’re getting blue screen, then I would suggest you to follow the steps provided and later update us on the status of the issue.

How to fix Stop errors on a blue screen that cause Windows Vista to shut down or restart unexpectedly: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958233

Note: When you perform System Restore to restore the computer to previous state, programs and updates you installed are removed.

(Try all the steps except re-install Windows Vista)

For your reference: Error ID: 1101: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh858708.aspx

For any Windows related issues please feel free to contact us and we will be glad to help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I tried the majority of these solutions already.  I have been plagued with the following error:  Log Name:      System
Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date:          4/11/2013 10:01:07 AM
Event ID:      41
Task Category: None
Level:         Critical
Keywords:      (2)
User:          SYSTEM
Computer:      Judy-PC
Description:
The last sleep transition was unsuccessful. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, failed, or lost power during the sleep transition.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />
    <EventID>41</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>1</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-04-11T15:01:07.903Z" />
    <EventRecordID>1326527</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>Judy-PC</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter">0x0</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I didn't get the message given during the blue screen error.  It started dumping memory then shut down before I had a chance to look.  It doesn't occur as often in Safe Mode.  I can usually go into Safe Mode then restart the computer, and it will work for a while without crashing.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 6, 2024 Views 13,884 Applies to: