Full Screen keeps exiting on its on

For the past day whenever I watch a video/Movie in Full Screen Mode in internet Explorer and Windows Media Player and automatically minimizes back to the original size. It's very frustrating when your trying to watch a movie and the Full Screen doesent stay, please help me resolve this issue.

Question Info

Last updated September 20, 2018 Views 26,043 Applies to:

Hi freddycameron,

Welcome to Microsoft Answers Forums.

We would like to get a little more information from you to help troubleshoot your issue.  Please answer the following questions as best you can.

1.      Do you remember making any changes to the computer recently?

2.      Do you have any security software installed on the computer?

You may check if the full-screen lock to is enabled to prevent people from switching from full-screen mode to another mode. You might want to use the full-screen lock, for example, during a party to prevent guests from using other programs while your music is playing.

Play an item, and then switch to full-screen mode.

Click the Lock full-screen mode button.

Type a four-digit personal identification number (PIN), and then click the OK button.

To turn off full-screen lock, click the Unlock full-screen mode button, type your PIN, and then click the OK button. If you forget your PIN, restart your computer.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-CA/help/922b9b2c-f529-4153-bcec-aba3858cead71033.mspx

There might be some third party program or service running in the background which may interrupt the full screen mode.

To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows Vista by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

Perform clean boot and check if you have the issue.

1. Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

User Account Control permission

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.

2. On the General tab, click Selective Startup.

3. Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.

4. Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.

5. Click OK.

6. When you are prompted, click Restart.

7. After the computer starts, check whether the problem is resolved.

Reset the computer to start as usual

After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps to reset the computer to start as usual:

Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

On the General tab, click the Normal Startup option, and then click OK.

When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.

If the issue is resolved check which third party is causing the problem, referring the link given below:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

If the above step do not fix the issue you may have to install the latest display card driver on the computer.

Update the graphics card driver on the machine.

1.       Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click System.

2.       Click the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager.

NOTE:  If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.

3.       Click Display Adapters to expand.

4.       Under Display Adapters, double-click the entry for your Display Adapters, and then click the Driver tab.

5.       Click Update Driver Software.

6.       Follow the Update Driver Software Wizard to update the Display Adapters driver.

Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properlyc

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/b3c6477e-1111-4b9f-a52a-fffdc51e9c901033.mspx

Hope this information is helpful.

Let me know if this worked.

All the best!

Thanks and Regards:

Halima S    - Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello 
I Dont know if this is a virus or just a bug but
Lately i was using my computer like anyone else. then i leave to go somewhere and come back later the next day. when i came back. my window in the task bar will freeze every 5 seconds. i will be typing and it will freeze. also this is a big thing when i play video games. Now  have a decent computer with 12 gb of ram and with a amd a10-5700 apu with radeom (tm) graphics 3.40 ghz and a 64 bit operating system. and like i said, this is a big deal because as well as freezing, it will exit out of full screen. now, like i said, it might be a bug or virus, some say it might be my keyboard or mouse. i don't know what e problem is. So that's why i asking. Can You please Help Me?

P.s i checked is over because the freezing cut typing off

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello 
I Dont know if this is a virus or just a bug but
Lately i was using my computer like anyone else. then i leave to go somewhere and come back later the next day. when i came back. my window in the task bar will freeze every 5 seconds. i will be typing and it will freeze. also this is a big thing when i play video games. Now  have a decent computer with 12 gb of ram and with a amd a10-5700 apu with radeom (tm) graphics 3.40 ghz and a 64 bit operating system. and like i said, this is a big deal because as well as freezing, it will exit out of full screen. now, like i said, it might be a bug or virus, some say it might be my keyboard or mouse. i don't know what e problem is. So that's why i asking. Can You please Help Me?

P.s i checked is over because the freezing cut typing off

I also use windows 8 i forgot to mention that

Sorry this didn't help.

I have been having this issue with Windows 10 64 Pro but when playing Battlefield 4 and Just Cause 3, also a few other. Its seems to happen after a clean boot and at random times.

Sorry this didn't help.