Advanced INF Installer error

I just tried to perform a routine disk cleanup on my computer and I got a Advanced INF Installer "Access denied" error. What can I do to fix it? Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated March 25, 2018 Views 2,596 Applies to:
Answer

Hey angel84,

Incorrect registry permissions if any, would result in the error INF Install Failure. Reason: Access is denied. 

Step1:

Try to re-register the Windows Installer Service and then run the product again by following this step:

a.     On the "Start" menu, click "Run:.

b. In the "Open" box, type "msiexec /unreg", and then press ENTER. 

c. On the "Start" menu, click "Run"

d. In the "Open" box, type "msiexec /regserver", and then press ENTER.

Step 2: Locate the .inf file

Locate the .inf file that is included with the driver installation program. Generally, the .inf file is located in one of the following folders on the driver installation media:

·        In the same folder as the Setup program.

·        In a subfolder that is in the folder that contains the Setup program.

If the driver files are packaged in a single executable file, you may be able to extract them or otherwise access them.

Grant the permission to the file and check.

Printer permissions determine which printer properties you can manage, such as renaming or sharing a printer, allowing or removing access to the printer, and determining who can manage documents or properties for the printer. Printer permissions are typically managed by the person who installed the printer or, if the printer is connected to a business or enterprise network, by a system administrator.

To apply permissions to a file or folder

If you need to manually apply permissions to a file or folder, follow the steps below. Manually applying permissions is something that only advanced users should do because you might end up with unintended results.

a.     Right-click the file or folder, and then click Properties.

b.     Click the Security tab, and then click Edit.

c.     Do one of the following:

·          To set permissions for a user that is not listed under Group or user names, click Add, type the name of the user or group, click OK, select the permissions, and then click OK.

·          To change or remove permissions from an existing group or user, click the name of the group or user, select the permissions, and then click OK.

What to know before applying permissions to a file or folder

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows7/What-to-know-before-applying-permissions-to-a-file-or-folder
How do I open a file if I get an access denied message?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows7/How-do-I-open-a-file-if-I-get-an-access-denied-message

Regards,

Savan – Microsoft Support.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.