Windows Mail vs. Windows Live Email

Have Vista, IE7/8 (don't know which one).  I'm using Windows Mail now.  Is Windows Live better?  Why would I change unless it will be easier to convert when I buy Windows 7.

Thank you.

Question Info

Last updated November 13, 2018 Views 5,730 Applies to:
Answer

Have Vista, IE7/8 (don't know which one).  I'm using Windows Mail now.  Is Windows Live better?  Why would I change unless it will be easier to convert when I buy Windows 7.

Thank you.

1. IE7 or IE 8 :
Open Internet Explorer > click HELP > click About Internet Explorer. It tells you what you have.

2. Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail :
Whether one is better than the other is mostly subjective. For people who need particular options, perhaps Window Live Mail is more preferrable, while some just downright hate it. You have to decide for yourself.
Download it and test it out. They, Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail, will co-exist. You don't have to give one up. Should you decide not to have it, you can simply un-install it.
However, Windows Live Mail is supposed to replace Windows Mail. Microsoft do not provide any Windows Mail updates anymore since sometime ago.

3. Yes, Win 7 does not support Windows Mail. So, either you use Windows Live Mail, or go to the web and get another mail client, such as Thunderbird.

t-4-2

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.