Windows Mail / Associating individual signatures with multiple email accounts inside of Windows Mail.

I'm utilizing three separate email addresses inside of Windows Mail each with a unique signature line. It appears that I have all attached correctly but when I go to "Create New Message" and choose the appropriate domain to send my message the signature line is not changing accordingly. Consequently my signature line is not matching my email address on outgoing mail. Any ideas?

Question Info

Last updated March 25, 2018 Views 1,053 Applies to:
Answer
Thanks for your response but I had those processes already in place and I'm still not getting the signature line to correspond to the email account when I go to "Create Mail". The system is allowing me to change domains appropriately but the signature lines are not changing accordingly? My default signature stays in place continually.

There is a " work around ". Do not setup which set of signature will apply to which account.
I almost ran into an argument with a MVP. But I know I am right as I have been doing this way myself.
Open Windows mail > Tools > Options > Signatures. UN-check " Add signatures to all outgoing messages > Apply > Advanced. UN-check " Insert signature at the bottom of a reply " > Apply/OK

Now when you finish composing an email, you choose which signature to be used.
Create Mail > menu bar, Insert > Signature. Pick from the list of signatures.

t-4-2

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
What you see is what you get. When starting a new email message, Windows Mail always uses the signature associated with the default account. The program isn�??t smart enough to change signatures when you change the From account.

Windows Live Mail has implemented this feature a lot better. Give it a try:
The current released version:
The latest beta:

Windows Live Mail  will automatically import all your Windows Mail data.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"DCA54" wrote in message news:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
Thanks for your response but I had those processes already in place and I'm still not getting the signature line to correspond to the email account when I go to "Create Mail". The system is allowing me to change domains appropriately but the signature lines are not changing accordingly? My default signature stays in place continually.

Gary VanderMolen, MVP (Mail)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.