Google Certificate Error

I keep getting a "certificate error" from google - when I went to gmail help it said to check the date and time synchronization which I did and when I try to configure the internet time settings it gives me an error.  It is currently trying to configure with time-b.nist.gov, should I try to use one of the other options?  FYI - I use gmail and google calendar and they are both synced with my iphone....

Question Info

Last updated November 27, 2019 Views 283,064 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Foster,

Is it happening only with Google website or with other websites as well?

I would suggest you to apply the hotfix by visiting the link below that should fix the issue that you’re facing with.
Note: The hotfix is applicable to Internet Explorer 7 and not for Internet Explorer 8.

FIX: Certificate error when you try to visit an SSL Web site by using Internet Explorer 7: "There is a problem with this website's security certificate"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954312

If you’re using Internet Explorer 8, follow the steps below in order to get past the security certificate error

1. Open Internet Explorer and verify that the page you are trying to view is listing a certificate error.
2. To clear the certificate error go to Tools --> Internet Options from the menu of IE 8.
3. Click on the Advanced tab and scroll down to the security section. Clear the boxes for: "Check for publisher's certificate revocation" and "Check for server certificate revocation".
4. Click Apply and Ok.
5. Attempt to reload the page by clicking the Refresh button at the end of the address bar or by pressing the F5 key. Your page should now load as expected.

Also, what is the exact error message when you try to configure the internet time settings?

Post your results back.
Mouneshwar R - Microsoft Support
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

[If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]

107 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.