Question

Q: Error Number: 0x800CCC79 - Relay access denied' Unable to send mails using Windows Mail

Original Title: Windows Mail (Vista) INTERMITTENT SEND PROBLEM.

"SMTP, Server Response: '554 5.7.1 <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>: Relay access denied', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC79"   

NOTHING, Changed since it worked.

No system updates, no boots, no crashes, it just started failing.

One email sent properly and the next one failed.  I've checked all properties under parameters and they are correct. 

Now I can't send anything.  HELP!

You are trying to "relay" the message by sending through an ISP to which you are not connected.  You need to be connected to the ISP from which you are sending, or else you will get that message.  I would contact your provider and see if they can help with the settings.  Also see point 3 here:  www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3 as it could be due to some other program interfering also.

steve

<retuckerja> wrote in message news:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***...

"SMTP, Server Response: '554 5.7.1 <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>: Relay access denied', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC79"   

One email sent properly and the next one failed.  I've checked all properties under parameters and they are correct. 

Steve Cochran, Ph.D.
MS-MVP 1998 - 2014
Outlook Express \ Windows Mail
http://www.oehelp.com

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi retuckerja,

Are you able to receive email?

Along with what Steve has suggested, you can also try the steps mentioned under the section “I can receive, but send email messages”

Troubleshoot problems with Windows Mail

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Troubleshoot-problems-with-Windows-Mail

Hope this information is helpful and let me know if this worked.
Mouneshwar R – Microsoft Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit our   Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Sorry this didn't help.

2 people were helped by this reply

Were you obtaining your Internet connectivity from Server.net when you got that error message? If not, you are relaying.
Some mail providers allow you to relay if you have send authentication enabled. Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers. Enable the "My server requires authentication" option. 

"retuckerja" wrote in message news:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***...

Original Title: Windows Mail (Vista) INTERMITTENT SEND PROBLEM.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

Sorry this didn't help.

2 people were helped by this reply

Hello retuckerja,

Gary VanderMolen - MVP, responded with a post that should work for your original problem. For the health of the  community, we ask that you return to this thread and mark the correct post as the answer by clicking the “Mark as Answer” button  at the bottom of the post. Otherwise, please return and give additional details about what didn’t work so the community can help.

Regards,

Savan – Microsoft Support.

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 6,878 Last updated: July 2, 2018 Applies to: