it was working in Windows XP and i have Nortel Vpn client software

Please any idea !!!

thanks

Question Info

Last updated March 25, 2018 Views 1,620 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Yudhveer Singh,

Welcome to Microsoft Windows Vista Community site. I would suggest you to try out these options / methods

Method 1: This problem generally will occur whenever you have another VPN client software installed on the system.  The most noted conflicting clients are: AOL software, Cisco VPN Client(s), SSH Sentinel and PGP.

Removing these clients will in most cases will resolve the issue.

Method 2: If the Winsock registry keys are damaged or corrupted I would suggest you to reset Winsock

To reset Winsock for Windows Vista, follow these steps:
1. Type cmd In the Start Search box, right-click cmd.exe, click Run as administrator, and then press Continue.
2. Type netsh winsock reset at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.
3. Type exit, and then press ENTER.

If the issue is not resolved it is I would suggest you to contact Nortel for additional support and verify if they have any updates on this issue and if they can help to fix the same.   

1: Nortel: Technical Support: Security & VPN: VPN Client:http://support.nortel.com/go/main.jsp?cscat=DOCUMENTATION&poid=10621
2: Nortel: Community – Forums - Virtual Private Networking: http://community.nortel.com/go/community/security/vpn?view=discussions

Let me know if this worked.
Hope this is helpful.

Thanks and Regards,
Vijay K - Microsoft Support
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

[If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.