Windows Media Center IR Hardware not detected

Hi,  I'm getting stuck at the "IR Hardward not detected" when trying to set up TV.

I'm in Australia and have a wireless component receiving my digital signal from another room.  www.cocoonsystems.com.au  I'm running a Haupaggue (spell?) TV tuner.  The TV tuner can view the signal coming from my cocoon via their product called WinTV.  It is viewed on the Composite connection.  (PC is a new Dell desktop with Vista loaded)

So, when I go to set up Media Center to see the signal also I conduct the following:
1.  Set up TV Signals
2.  Region Australia
3.  Choose Antenna
4.  Select Digital Terrestrial
5.  Select Yes (to view through a set top box, because the other option doesn't find my signal)
6.  It finds picture and sound playing through Composite 1, so I select this
7.  IR Hardware not detected.

Media Center will not let me by-pass step 7 if I don't have an IR connection.  I don't need my PC to change channels because I use the digital tv remote to change channels through the cocoon system.

Is there any way anyone knows that I can by-pass this annoying question of IR Hardware not detected?  I can only assume if I had my Video Camera connected through the Composite connection I would have the same problem also, as that doesn't have a remote either.

Anything I can do?

Question Info

Last updated March 27, 2019 Views 67,593 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Balibooblue,
Thank you for visiting the Microsoft Answers community forum.

The only way I know to get around the need for an IR hardware device during the setup of Media Center for TV viewing is to use a "virtual" IR device.  There is one called "Vista MCE IR Blaster" that is a file you download from the Internet that simulates an IR device.  You will have to do a search for it.  Or you can buy the hardware that Media Center is asking for relatively inexpensively online, about $20 USD.

Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Let us know if this information was helpful or if you need additional help.
Thank you,

Gloria
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.