Windows Installer error won't let me install hp printer software

It keeps uninstalling itself just after an error message comes up that says, "Fatal error during installation The windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance." However, I am able to install any other program.

The HP folks tried to help but they are saying it is a Windows problem. How do I fix this?

Thanks,

Von

Question Info

Last updated August 23, 2019 Views 4,459 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Hi Vonique,

Try the following steps and check the result.
Step 1: Disable all the non Microsoft programs and try to install the printer.
1. Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER to start the System Configuration Utility.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
2. On the General tab, click Selective Startup, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box. (The Use Original Boot.ini check box is unavailable.)
3. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.
4. Click OK, and then click Restart.

Step 2: Once the computer is restarted, try these steps.
1. Right click on the printer software setup file, click run as administrator.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
2. Follow the instructions on the wizard to install the software.

Step 3: Once the printer is installed, start the computer in the normal mode.
1. Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
2. On the General tab, click the Normal Startup option, and then click OK.
3. When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.

For additional support, please get in touch with the printer manufacturer.

Regards,
Syed
Microsoft answers support engineer.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.