Reboot PC, try to install whichever program it was again.
• When do you get this installer error?
• When did the issue start?
In addition to Cari’s post you may also check if the Windows installer service is running on the computer.
1. Go to "Start" - "Run" type "services.msc" and press on "Enter" button.
2. Double-click on the service named "Windows Installer"
3. Check the value in the "Startup type" field. If it's currently set to "Disabled", then this is the problem. Change it by selecting "Manual" from the drop-down box.
Make sure that the service is started and set to Manual.
If none of the above work, you may also reinstall the latest version of Windows installer from the link:
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.